- We believe a church is a Baptist Church. It is not Protestant, unionistic, nor interdenominational. It is separate from all "isms" of all kinds.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God without error as originally written.
- We believe the Genesis account of creation and the fall of man.
- We believe in total depravity. Romans 3:10-12, 23
- We believe all are lost unless born again. John 3:3, 7
- We believe that we are saved by grace through faith and without works on the part of man. Ephesians 2:8
- We believe that repentance and faith are inseparable graces and that all who do not repent and believe are lost. Mark 1:15
- We believe in the eternal security of the believer. John 10:27-30
- We believe that after one is saved that he or she should be scripturally baptized and be a member of a sound New Testament Baptist Church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ organized a church while here on earth during His personal ministry (before Pentecost) and that He gave that church a commission. Matthew 28:19-20
- We believe that there are two church ordinances: Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism is the immersion of a saved person in water upon the authority of a true Baptist Church.
- We believe that the Lord's Supper is restricted to each local church and that the elements are unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine.
- We believe that the church is local, visible, and that she has the Bible for her one and only and all-sufficient rule of faith and practice and that the decisions of a church are final and that no other church or organization of any kind has any right to interfere with her decisions. We do not believe that there is any such thing as an "invisible" or "universal" church.
- We believe that the Scriptural way to finance the Lord's work is by tithes and offerings. Leviticus 27:30; Malachi 3:8-10
- We believe that each church can give her mission money where she chooses to do so and that without interference. We do not believe that missions money should be used to support unsound missionaries or unsound seminaries or unsound colleges.
- We believe that all churches should be missionary. Matthew 28:19
- We believe that the ordaining of preachers is to be done by a local church and not by a mission or association, etc.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God, in foreknowledge, predestination, election, effectual calling, justification and glorification and that whosoever will may come and that these do not contradict each other.
- We believe that God calls only men to preach.
- We believe in the premillenial second coming of Christ.
- We believe that Heaven is a real place and that Hell is a real place.
- We believe in the Trinity of God and that the Devil is a person, and that there will be two resurrections, one of the saved and one for the lost.
| Home Sermons Available Tracts Bookstore Missionary Work Map/Location|
5897 Old Richmond Rd., Lexington, KY 40515 Phone: (859) 263 - 5224 Website: www.richmondroadbaptistchurch.com Email: email@example.com Pastor's email: firstname.lastname@example.org